[T3] Endless Problems, update....

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Dec 8 20:11:23 PST 2010

In a message dated 12/8/2010 10:22:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

And,  BTW, I forgot to mention that the generator idiot light being
out does not  always mean that the charging system is working. It will
come on in some  failure modes, but not in all failures.

Yeah, I found that out on my way home from the Invasion. I had the lights
on, and car running, but no real issues until I pulled the car into the
garage  and parked it. Then the idiot light came on with the key off. We
unloaded the  rear seat, so I could unplug the battery (which turned off the
light). The next  morning, I changed the VR, and the brushes, and all is good
again. : ) The light  never came on while cruising.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)