[T3] Endless Problems, update....

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Dec 8 20:52:35 PST 2010

On 8 Dec 2010 at 15:05, J. Jonik wrote:

> 4-   Not uncomfortable with electricity...just a tad ignorant. I don't
> know a volt from an amp from an ohm...or what they mean really.

Maybe this can help. You can think of electricity flowing in a wire
as similar to water flowing in a pipe.

Voltage (Volts) is similar to the water pressure (lbs/sq in.)

Current (Amps) is similar to flow (gallons per minute.)

Electrical resistance (Ohms) plays the same role as in pipes, where
there is some drop in pressure as the water forces its way thru a
long length of pipe. A wire is a lot like a pipe, there's not much
resistance, but a resistor would be like a small aperture in the
middle of a length of pipe that we had to force the water to pass
thru.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org