[T3] Endless Problems, update....

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Dec 9 20:30:50 PST 2010

In a message dated 12/8/2010 11:53:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

The best  way to deal with this particular fault is to restart the
engine until you  can get to the battery or the VR. Then shut off the
engine and disconnect  the battery quickly.

Well, it was 2:30 in the morning, and we had just driven 16.5 hours from
Carthage that day, so I was ready to call it a day. Got up around 9:30, and
had  some coffee before going out to change the VR and finish unloading the
car from  the Invasion trip. I figured unplugging the battery would keep the
charge in it,  rather than leave the light on overnight. It was after I
changed the VR, that I  also checked the brushes, and found the bottom one worn
down to almost flush  with the holder (wear limit). I can't complain too
much about putting in a set  of brushes, as I hadn't done it to that generator
in all the time I've had it  (over 15 years, and was used then). That's also
why I ordered some bearings from  you, as I'd like to change them out when
the weather warms up again.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)