[T3] [T-3] Screw sizing

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 19:21:57 PST 2010

In a message dated 12/13/2010 9:26:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

#4 sheet  metal screw will be too small.. #6 and #8 will be all you need on
VW

Yeah, that was my thought. I had taken a sample screw with me to the
hardware store a couple of weeks ago, and looked at the different sizes. I
picked up some #6's, but my buddy thought I should have gotten some #4's. I
think the painted holes might have thrown him off when he was comparing the #6
with the hole it's going in. I personally think the #6 will make a nice
tight  fitting screw in place of those 2.9x9.5's (some of which were pretty
rusty). I just wanted to compare them, and make sure I made the right choice
(why I was looking for a comparison chart). Thanks to ALL who helped. I
really do appreciate it. Now if the warm weather will come back, I can get back
to painting and re-assemble the car. : )

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)