[T3] test

JOSE LUIS MALDONADO maroblll at coqui.net
Sat Dec 18 17:01:25 PST 2010

Jim:

I guess you know I'm by no means a winter driving expert.  But when I had my
first encounter with the "winter tire purchase season" I just went to my
FLAPS (Western Auto back then) and got me the best
lookingsnowgrippingandbestprofilelooking they had on their racks for a '69
Toyota Corona.  Being 20 and with no experience whatsoever driving in such
conditions I had to rely on those guys (different from nowadays) to make my
choice.  First of all, I don't remember ever seeing a '69 Toyota Corona 1900
and forget about driving it in the snow!  My first encounter with "black
ice" is still branded in my mind and luckily not in my body.  I'm pretty
sure you can pick a nice looking set of tires, that look like they have
great grip and that are flexible enough to yield to your road conditions and
keep you out the ditch.  Just saying, if I could w/o any experience it
could've been luck, but you have experience and that's that hand that beats
them all.  I had no search engine back then and still managed to go through
four winters in MO with no experience.  Hey, no snow here in PR. My 2
bits...