[T3] test

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Dec 19 05:58:18 PST 2010

In a message dated 12/18/2010 5:20:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

As an  automotive aside, can anyone recommend a web site that has
really good  data on tire & wheel dimensions? I'd like to find a
better size for  winter tires for our new Jetta. Wide and flat may be
trendy, but they're  NOT good on snow or ice. Tirerack.com has good
data, but it's hard to get  comparisons, and their web site doesn't
want to let me try a 15" wheel on  the Jetta. 16" is standard, but I'm
pretty sure there's plenty of room to  do a -1" over those brakes.

Jim, you might want to look at this site.
_http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html_
(http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html)
I use it for calculating tire speed changes and the like on my t-3s. But
they also allow different rim sizes in their calculator. It won't help with
looking for different rims and offsets though.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)