[T3] Flooding almost immediately after start.

Marklist marklist at healeyopolis.com
Thu Dec 23 21:40:34 PST 2010

On 12/23/2010 06:11 PM, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 23 Dec 2010 at 15:16, Marklist wrote:

>>> Is there a pool of water under your back seat?
>>>
>>> Have you replaced/repaired the overflow hose under the RF fender?
>> It's not getting wet inside and I repaired the overflow hose years ago.
>> It's not raining now and the problem persists.  I think the rain might
>> just be a coincidence.  I'll give it a couple of days of dry weather to
>> be sure.
> Glad water's not getting inside. Check your fixed overflow hose; if
> this was an OE replacement, they don't last long. If the new one has
> cracked, it will take a lot of dry driving to get all the water out
> of the tank.

I'm pretty sure it is not water in the gas.  It runs for a few seconds
before the engine floods.  Besides I first got symptoms after driving
for only two blocks in stop and go traffic.

I'm thinking that either the spark isn't as good as I thought (I checked
in in a darkish parking garage) or maybe something is wrong with the
throttle valve switch that is keeping that injector like thing in the
manifold open.