[T3] Flooding almost immediately after start.

Russ W russw at classicvw.org
Thu Dec 23 22:33:27 PST 2010

On 12/23/2010 11:40 PM, Marklist wrote:

> I'm pretty sure it is not water in the gas.  It runs for a few seconds
> before the engine floods.  Besides I first got symptoms after driving
> for only two blocks in stop and go traffic.
>
> I'm thinking that either the spark isn't as good as I thought (I
> checked in in a darkish parking garage) or maybe something is wrong
> with the throttle valve switch that is keeping that injector like
> thing in the manifold open.

Throttle switch does not injector like thing in the manifold, but that
my be your problem.  That is the cold start valve, and it should only
work while cranking the engine, when the temperature is below say 40*F.
I have found that the T-3 FI does not really need it, unless your are
extremely cold climates. Just disconnect the wires from the cold start
under the manifold, and see if that cures your problem.  You might even
pinch off the fuel hose to it, in case it is stuck open.

--
Thanks,
Russ Wolfe
russw at classicvw.org