[T3] fuel pump problem

Russ W russw at classicvw.org
Sat Dec 25 19:18:10 PST 2010

On 12/25/2010 12:43 PM, Jim Adney wrote:

> Any chance there is water in the gas? It would only take a little bit
> to lock up the motor until you tapped it. See if a can of Heet helps.

The tank is clean and it has a new hose.  I am running E10 ethanol fuel,
so that should take care of any water in the fuel.
This was a farm car, and has had a lot of problems with dirt in all the
joints.
Myself, I can deal with it, but I cannot expect my wife to crawl under
the car and smack the pump when the car will not start.

I have the exhaust fixed on the Fox, so I can put the Fastback on the
hoist, and work on it.  That part of the shop is not heated, but at
least I am not laying out in the snow.

I may be sending you a pump for rebuild.  I have a couple that I tested
a couple years ago, and they worked and built pressure against the
regulator.  They have since been stored in a coffee can in diesel fuel.

--
Thanks,
Russ Wolfe
russw at classicvw.org