[T3] Cold Starting Problem

rcrogers1 at peoplepc.com rcrogers1 at peoplepc.com
Wed Dec 22 15:03:59 PST 2010

My '73 FI Squareback seems to have developed a cold weather starting problem.  I have set the valves, installed the distributor that Jim repaired, set the timing, checked that all of the wires are connected and set the fuel pressure to 28lbs.  It takes five or six tries to get started.  Once the engine is warmed it starts much better.  One peculiar thing-It seems to respond better (start) if I pump the accelerator.  I don't know why that would be in an FI car.  Any ideas?