[T3] No start...but odd...

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 19:30:16 PDT 2010

I've had trouble with successive starts when I used copper grease to protect
the connections - maybe you've got some corrosion on the solenoid or starter
motor connections.  Also check the copper braid between the solenoid and
starter motor - I've known those corroding and going high resistance.  It
sounds as if the main battery terminals are OK or the headlights would
probably dim.

It might be the bush in the bell-housing; remove the starter motor and put
light lubrication on the shaft and a smear of grease on the bush and try
again.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club