[T3] fresh air fan switch

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Nov 16 08:13:14 PST 2010

On 15 Nov 2010 at 22:56, Keith Park wrote:

> Im more interested in finding out how you plan to power a 300watt heater?

He's doing an electric car conversion.

> Before you go to all that trouble you might try one of 2 things...  remove
> the thermostats in the air mixer boxes in the heat system... Ive found that
> my stock heat is quite noticeably more with those out of there.  I removed
> them when I put the T4 in my Square out of necessity and even with those big
> heaterboxes nothing melted so I left them out when I put the T3 back in.
> You WILL have to be careful of what you put near your heater outlets
> though...

Gee, Keith, that doesn't make any sense. Those thermostats don't do
anything that would limit heated air. They just meter in cool air,
increasing the total airflow, but at a reduced temp. If you just
remove the thermostats, you'll either get lots of cool air (if you
have the cool air tubes installed) or you'll dump all your heated air
outside the car (if the cool air tubes have been removed.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org