[T3] Directionals Question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Nov 18 15:49:39 PST 2010

On 18 Nov 2010 at 12:55, Chris Sheridan wrote:

> After I turn a corner my blinkers do not return. This has been a problem for
> 10 years. What exact component do I need to replace to get the directionals
> to cancel? I understand there is a cancelling ring and I thought I purchased
> one once but it turned out to just be the gold rind that grounds the horn.

If you remove your steering wheel there should be a serpentine spring
visible on the right side of the TS switch. It's probably gone and
one of the plastic tabs that it hooks around is probably broken off.
I can rebuild the switch with parts from another switch, or you can
buy a new switch.

New TS switches are inexpensive for some years, expensive for some,
and unobtainable for '71. What year do you have?

The brass horn ground ring was used in 71-3 cars and is something
else that is occasionally needed, but, as you suspected, it's not
part of this problem.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org