[T3] Directionals Question

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 11:41:46 PST 2010

Oddly, British cars (before the companies got global or were simply taken
over or bought up from the receiver(!) ) mostly had the indicator level on
the right side.  Now I think most of the cars made in the UK are
international designs, and certainly all the VWs I've driven had the
indicator lever on the left.  I think most of the RHD countries either
bought VWs from Germany ready-built or assembled them from kits, so I assume
all the VWs worldwide are similar.

I guess it's possible that the Indian Hindustan (50s UK design based on the
Morris Oxford) may still have a right-hand indicator lever, but I don't
know.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club