[T3] Directionals Question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Nov 18 15:57:13 PST 2010

On 18 Nov 2010 at 18:39, William McInerney wrote:

> So what would I need to fix in order to have my blinkers cancel if I
> have a 62 Notch. I know for a fact the switch is period correct. I
> thought I read somewhere that the notched thing in the column has to
> be facing right as the tab on the steering wheel needs to go thru the
> notched part in order for the signals to cancel correctly.  However, I
> have checked and I believe all is aligned correctly. Could it be that
> the two tabs on the backside of the turn signal switch ( tabs
> connected by a spring) are faulty?

If your cancelling tab is on the right, and the serpentine spring is
there, strung between the 2 tabs, then I think the TS should cancel.
It's possible that the grease in there is just sticky and needs
something fresh in there to free it up.

There's a plastic tab that should protrude into the space where the
cancelling tab goes. It should slide in from the right, under the
spring. If that got broken off, then the cancelling tab wouldn't have
anything to push against. That would make the cancelling function not
work.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org