[T3] Directionals Question

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 16:53:53 PST 2010

I've found on the odd occasion that they only cancel after turning a very
sharp corner with lots of lock needed - that's quite rare in the USA!  With
the steering wheel with juat a horn bar and no half-ring, it's possible to
put the wheel on 180 degrees out - easy fix.  I suspect it may be a broken
cancelling tab on yours.

When reinstalling a steering wheel, make sure the indicator switch is
central and the cancelling ring has the lug to the left.  If both those are
different, I believe you can damage the cancelling mechanism.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club