[T3] Directionals Question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Nov 18 19:55:01 PST 2010

On 19 Nov 2010 at 0:53, Dave Hall wrote:

> When reinstalling a steering wheel, make sure the indicator switch is
> central and the cancelling ring has the lug to the left.  If both
> those are different, I believe you can damage the cancelling mechanism.

Is it possible that RHD car has the TS switch on the right? If so,
then I think it makes sense that your cancelling tab, on the wheel,
needs to be on the left.

[RHD cars in Japan have the TS switch on the right, which often led
us foreigners to signal turns with our windshield wipers. BTDT]

I think with LHD cars, the cancelling tab goes on the right.

Either way, installing the wheel with the TS switched not centered
can break something.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org