[T3] 6V batteries

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 19:46:38 PST 2010

Well, I don't buy Optimas because they cost twice as much and last half as
long.  The interstates are getting more expensive these days but they always
last me 10 years, although the 6V ones seem to be older technology and I
haven't gone 10 years yet on one, Most of the Optima's Ive heard of only
last 5 or 6 years.  They are a gel-cell, no need for that in my cars anyway.
The 12V interstates are still around $80.

My problem with cranking was a bad starter bushing, I have welding cable on
the starter leads for the crate so I suspect that when I get that bushing
changed out in the spring it will crank quite well then.

Thanks,

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com