[T3] 6V batteries

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Wed Nov 24 22:50:58 PST 2010

> Well, I don't buy Optimas because they cost twice as much and last half as
> long.  Most of the Optima's Ive heard of only
> last 5 or 6 years.  They are a gel-cell, no need for that in my cars anyway.
> The 12V interstates are still around $80.

I have gotten great service from my optima batteries. I have four in different vehicles. Living in the desert it gets extremely hot and also cold in the winter at night. Some of them are ten years old now. They can be maintained on a trickle charger; but need more amps to recharge from a low state. Letting them stay discharged or not charging them at the proper amperage will kill them. I have also had good luck with Odyssey Dry Cell Batteries. I like that there is never any sulfur/acid corrosion issues with these. Just my experience and preference.

Brion S.
70 Squareback
69 912
70 914