[T3] 6V batteries

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Nov 26 17:48:58 PST 2010

The one bad interstate I had was in the Golf when I bought it, and the car
had been sitting a lot.  I trickle all the others, and I think that's the
key.. well, in another 7 or 8 years when I need a battery again Ill remember
that the 6V optima will fit.

Thanks

Keith

The cover and strap fit if you loosen the strap a little.

I had one in my old Type 34 and my Squareback.

I've bought a few Optimas from eBay and from Amazon in past years.  No
issues ever.  The one in my Type 34 was 6-7 years old with no problems
when I sold the car.  I haven't checked the dates versus when I bought them.

I stopped buying Interstates because they kept losing a cell, even had
one that was bad from new.  They said it was my fault for not driving
the car enough or keeping it on a trickle charger otherwise.  Optimas
don't have those issues.

- Everett

http://www.amazon.com/Optima-Batteries-8010-044-Starting-Battery/dp/B00099HV