[T3] GL-5, MT, drain tranny ?

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 13:32:03 PDT 2010

I have a situation where I am not sure what kind of gear oil I have in my
tranny.  I topped it off with GL-4 the other day (yes, it's a MT) but the
guy that helped me get the Fastback going over a year ago may or may not
have put GL-4 in it.  I am just plain ole not sure.  He is not either.
 Sigh....

I'd rather just empty what I have and start over and be positive moving
forward.  Will this effectively rid my tranny of GL-5 if it's in there?  Or
will traces of it continue to cause issue and be a concern?

I've had to un-do a couple of things that he helped me with early on.  I
sure wish I had come across this list and the Bentley before all of that....

Thanks for any advice...

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback (MT)