[T3] Fan motor

Tim Keohane rheorojo at wildblue.net
Mon Nov 29 09:56:26 PST 2010

I removed my fresh air housing and fan, to reseal the housing and
lubricate the bearings. What I found was the blades on start up make
contact (ever so slightly) with the housing, until they generate
enough speed ( a few seconds ) then they self center, and the noise/
squeal stops. The fan runs well on both speeds, so I'm reluctant to
"open" the motor housing. If I can acquire one that is already failed
I'll open it to determine the bearing/alignment situation. If someone
has already done this please chime in.
Thanks Tim