[T3] Rusted beam

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Apr 2 10:11:56 PDT 2011

Well, in TN they do salt the roads, right?  If so your probably gonna find
its all rusted out under the clamps. Once the salt gets into those corners
it never gets out and really lays waste to the beam.  See if there is
penetration into the main beam ends thru the rusted out ears, if so your
beam got water in it and its probably gone.  If there is no salt down there
you may be lucky under the clamps.

The other problem is that without the ears your gonna be breaking torsion
bars on rough roads as they extend past their designed range.  If your
careful with the car and don't overload it it may last a while but if your
like me and have half your house stuffed in there with a trailer on the
back.. well... no good.

IF the beam is good, and the metal is solid on the end towers, I do have
replacement ears that can be welded on.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com