[T3] Posting for a friend any ideas?

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 16:41:53 PDT 2011

You need tension to open the latch.  Cutting it will lose any tension you
have.  If there's no resistance to pulling the cable, maybe it has detached
or broken.

Try getting someone to push on the bonnet - down, or towards the car while
you pull the release.  Sometimes that will let the catch move when friction
just got too much.  It may already be almost released and just need a bit
less friction to do it.

Make sure the release lever is fixed firmly to the dash - sometimes the
whole glovebox moves because it's not properly fixed.

Failing that you may have to get in with a small screwdriver to move the
latch, but it's worth getting a look at another before drilling a hole.
ISTR the hole needs to be in different places for some years.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club