[T3] Posting for a friend any ideas?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Apr 12 22:02:47 PDT 2011

On 12 Apr 2011 at 14:00, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> There was a lady on theSamba that had her Squareback trunk latch get
> stuck and used a ruler.  I would not use the latch in the glove box as
> it destoies the glove box,  Instead, grab the actual cable with vise
> grips.

> P.S. I no longer leave the spare in the well.  Never could get my
> latch to work right so unlatch it by getting into the spare tire well
> and releasing it.

Sounds like the screw that anchors your release lever to the dash is
missing. This screw is commonly left out after the glove box has been
removed for some reason. If that screw is in place, the glove box
will not be damaged.

You can't pull directly on the wire without destroying the outer
housing. It's a LOT better to just replace the screw and fix the root
problem.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org