[T3] Posting for a friend any ideas?

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 16:14:05 PDT 2011

There are a few million of these cars where the front trunk latch does work,
or did until they were scrapped.  If the lid isn't excessively tight, which
it could be if the front has been flattened and you've not been able to
adjust the hinge position to compensate, it sounds as if you may not have
the striker pin adjusted correctly.  If the locking nut is loosened, you can
unscrew the pin until it latches OK, then tighten the locking nut.  I guess
until you have the glovebox back in with the correct cable, you can't easily
release the lid even if you adjust it properly.  You will get water in the
front if you don't shut the lid!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club