[T3] Front Latch Hard to Release (was RE: Posting for a friend any ideas?)

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 18:46:28 PDT 2011

Ah!  I thought you meant the body latch... Thank you for the VERY detailed description: will be very helpful when replacing the hood.

Yes, Joe and I did fiddle with it, but there was not enough movement front to back to make a difference.  I do not recall if we adjusted the cone.

The resistance is in the latch, especially the slider that catches the cone.  There is a good bit of rust on the slider and the mating surfaces.

The hood shutting goes squeak, scrap, thunk/bang.  There is nothing nice about it, or the way most hatches open and close.  Had a good amount of use/abuse over the 335,000 miles. ;/

Thank you,
Adriel