[T3] Adjusting rear brakes?

James Lingenfelter jimmyandcher at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 18:17:31 PDT 2011

    All my years of driving VW's, every time I get a terrible feeling
soft pedal and have somebody look at it, the answer is always "your
rear drums just needed adjusting", and they do it in about 5 minutes
it seems, and everything's perfect.... until the next time. Is this
something I could do fairly easily myself, without risk of totally
screwing something up? If so, how do you do it? It seems like the
rears on my Type III need adjustment WAY more often than any Type I
I've ever had; it would save me some headaches if I could just figure
out how to do this myself.