[T3] Meyle brake light switches

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Apr 19 07:46:57 PDT 2011

On 18 Apr 2011 at 21:46, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> Cool.  Yes, that was me that had the problem last year.  I wrote to customer
> service on Meyle's site and got an email telling me to take them back to my
> FLAPS for a refund.  They, however, had no idea what I was talking about but
> gave me my money back nonetheless.  That letter may have been the info you
> used to reach the rep; I can't remember if I gave that to you or not.  But
> anyway, it's great to hear that they've rectified the situation.

Yes, I think you were the one that gave me the rep's name. He's been great,
although even he will admit that Meyle was slow to respond. I cut one of their
old switches apart to prove to myself that the pinout was wrong, and I sent
everything, including the bad switches, the cut apart switch, a report on the
incorrect pinout and the internal quality, to the rep. He forwarded everything
to Meyle, but IIRC, they didn't believe him until other complaints started
piling in from some of their other, longer term users.

The good news is that the switches now work, the rep is good, and the bad
switches are out of the pipeline.

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org