[T3] Steering wheel cover (VW)?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Apr 28 15:46:16 PDT 2011

On 28 Apr 2011 at 10:38, Know One wrote:

> I tried that type of cover and they don't last for long.

Virtually everyone installs the cheap ones by wrapping the cording
(gimp?) all the way around the steering wheel. That approach never
works for long. The wrappings group up and the cover gets loose where
it is no longer wrapped.

I have one on a car where I stitched it thru the holes along the edge
where the cover meets itself. That method takes a lot of time to
install, but that cover has been in place for years and still looks
and feels great. That car doesn't see a lot of miles, but that's the
approach I would do if I had another wheel to cover. It's a great way
to cover up a cracked wheel.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org