[T3] Need Cold Start Valve

Robert Bills rdbills at aol.com
Thu Apr 28 10:19:23 PDT 2011

When I was going over my engine in February after I bought my 73 Squareback I noticed that there was a small crack in the cold start valve where the plastic fitting presses into the fuel hose.  It had been repaired with some kind of glue or epoxy.  Although I was suspicious of it, since it did not appear to be leaking I installed new fuel hose and decided to keep my eye on it.

Yesterday it cracked all the way through.  I need another, but new ones are very expensive.  (I suppose I could simply plug the fuel line and go without, which I'm doing for now, but I'd rather have my engine set up as designed.)

If anyone has a good used cold start valve (and a gasket???), please email me directly.

Thanks,

Bob Bills