[T3] Emissions

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 17:30:53 PDT 2011

On the way home tonight, I'd been driving 45 minutes so the engine was nice
and warm.  I passed a DEQ station and decided to pull in.  Here in Oregon
you get free emissions inspections whenever you want them.  Most people
don't bother until it's time to renew your plates.  At that point, in order
to renew, you must pass and pay $21 for the certificate.

Anyway, I'd been wondering how my '71 Fastback would do in the testing.  I
think the cutoff year is 75 for testing and so I am exempt.  I pulled in and
the attendant at the gate wouldn't let me test.  He said 75 and newer only.
 I tried to get him to budge but he wouldn't.  I was just curious about my
numbers.

Oh well.  I might try another station some other day if I have time :)

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback