[T3] Fuel Troubles

Special (K) elvisleft_bldg at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 22:16:21 PDT 2011

Hi,
Someone when I was attending to another issue on my square saw a hole ?? in the rubber tube that runs from my vacumn advance to my drivers side carburator they replaced it for me( another fellow vw friendly owner).
My family and I were out of town and did not notice this right away and at idle it seemed fine. So off we went.
I was having other fuel issues my pump was leaking badly and I wanted to replace the leaking pump.
In my trunk I had a seemingly new fuel pump that was for a vw someone had given me( incorrect fuel pump one for an alternator VW)
I did not know at the time that it wasnt right, it was hecka windy and since I have a full length roof rack, during gusts it would (?? Surge??) I just wanted to get home..
I have since replaced this pump with the correct brosol model. Does anyone know if the leaking pump can be repaired? It leaked at the seam.
Somethings have come to light that I need the forums help on.
1.I have no fuel pump ?Sleeve?? The bakelite insulator is this normal?? My 1966 also does not have one. I have put 1000 miles on this car since I have owned it, and never had any problems with fuel. it seems like since the gas prices went up ,I changed a filter and then I discovered the leak and changed the pump the next day.
2. I do not know the correct diameter hose to ask for at the parts store.
Thank you all.
Hope your Holiday was great..
Kelleigh