[T3] MoS2 and Bosch Spark Plugs

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:39:57 PDT 2011

In the future, never install spark plugs without lubrication. My
favorite lube is anything that contains MoS2 (Moly disulfide.) That
will keep this from happening. In an emergency you can just use a
drop of engine oil off the dipstick. Anything is better than
installing them dry. I have small tubes of MoS2 for sale.

Bosch plugs also seem to be much less likely to seize in there than
Champion or AC. I carry the right Bosch plugs, too.

What's the quantity (oz.?) & price on the MoS2?
Bosch Spark Plug price (ea.)?

I set the gap on the plugs when you worked on my car last summer, but I
don't remember lubricating the threads on re-install.  And I don't remember
the age or WHEN *new *plugs were installed.  I probably should put new ones
in this summer.

Gary (FritoBandito) '69 Variant, FI, MT -- original owner