[T3] heavy clacking noises (was Re: LED bulbs)

Alex Satala alexsatala at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 11:04:23 PDT 2011

i know , but it will last at least 1 month to pass thru car registration for obtaining plates.
But the thing cuts off and refuses to start , it has a new piston-cylinder kit and every part in the ignition and fueling checked (i am definitely missing something) , that is why i need help with this.
I changed the engine to , put a 1300cc beetle block with good crank bearings , modded it with long pushrods from the 1500cc and pistons and cyls from a romanian car (1300cc cyl inserted in the worn 1500cc cylinder). The cyl and piston kit worked for years even if its not original , now it starts but the engine goes off YET AGAIN.

p.s. i had to use the modded pushrods and cyl-piston stuff because the pipe from the carburettor will not fit a 1300cc beetle engine wich is a little narrower.