[T3] Fuse Box caution....

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 8 20:55:23 PDT 2011

> It has been my experience that many
> glass installers have never dealt with an old VW.

Check around to see which shops deal with the hot rod and old car crowd. My '64 Ford truck has a similar seal with a chrome insert and I found a shop with older Ford trucks in the parking lot, and they did a great job.

> Either way, you must do it ALL the way around the windshield.

I was getting leaks through both the inner and outer edges of the seal, including at the top of the windshield. After sealing only one edge, it continued to leak, so I then applied it to both edges. This was more than 20 years ago and haven't had a leak since. Yeah, it was a pain, but it worked.

Jeff '67 Sqbk