[T3] electronic ignition question

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 09:06:48 PDT 2011

Only until it fails!

I heard of a UK camper just this past week that got stuck on the motorway
with a dead electronic ignition unit.  If you choose an electronic set-up,
make sure you don't have to modify anything that can't be changed back again
at the roadside.

It can be a long way to walk home even in the UK, let alone in the USA !

I imagine a DIY 'points-less' system might be very satisfying to make, but
if you get its triggering point wrong, it could do serious damage to your
engine.  It makes me feel proud when I see Hall sensors mentioned, but I
can't claim any personal or family connection that I know of!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club