[T3] Why early clocks fail

Robert Rogers rcrogers1 at peoplepc.com
Tue Aug 9 08:13:10 PDT 2011

Your connecting technique is correct.  I pulled the clock out of my ’73 Squareback and had it repaired.  When I tested it on the bench by hooking it to a battery, it would initially start and then slowly stop.  The correct method appears to be to initially connect it for a second or two, disconnect it and then reconnect it.  Using this procedure it will continue to run.  My clock tends to run fast. The repairing agency also indicated that this reconnect procedure is correct. In the future if I have to remove the battery I will re-start the clock by temporarily connecting the battery, remove the connection and then re-connect.