[T3] electronic ignition question

mark witwicki witwicki at telusplanet.net
Tue Aug 9 20:08:43 PDT 2011

From my experience with pertronix, computronix, and compufire.
 They all work fine, I have never had points that would read steady on the timing gun, where the electronic ones are dead on. Spark is a noticeable difference from points on the square, it feels sluggish with points.
I have only had one computronix fail and that was this year, it just died as I was driving to work. I do have a spare distributor in the parts box in the car.
Yes points are dead easy that's why I use them as a back-up  ;oP

You do need to have a spare coil if you are running the computronix mini module2 kit, if you try to use points with the computronix coil it will fry the points in about 20 seconds. BTDT.