[T3] Crabby carbs

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Aug 11 05:44:10 PDT 2011

On 10 Aug 2011 at 21:46, R. David wrote:

> I also see no need for 2 filters on a FI system. Keith's issue is with a
> dual carbed motor and I thought Keith said cleaning out the carbs cured the
> running issue. My suggestion for 2 filters was to test filtering the fuel
> right before each carb to eliminate all sources of possible contamination.

I thought Dave's suggestion was aimed at the possibility that the
fuel pump was the source of the possible contamination. Using 2
filters, after the pump, might fix this, but you could also put a
single filter after the pump but before the line Tees. I don't think
the carb pump pressure will be an issue on the filter.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org