[T3] Turn signal switch problems

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 18 11:18:07 PDT 2011

> I think there is a problem with the contacts in the turn
> signal switch. When I set it for either left or right , all
> i get is the gauge light that turns on.  But when i
> turn on my emergency flashers, all my signal lights work.
>
> Could it be a different problem , than the contacts in the
> switch itself ?

If there is a disconnect between the switch and the lights (fuse, wiring, etc) then the circuit isn't completed and they don't work.

Kind of a warning system that if one bulb is out, the blink rate is changed, if a fuse is out or two bulbs out, it doesn't blink.

Though the Emergency blinker uses the same flasher, they use separate wiring paths. That they work indicate the flasher is working.

I'd start checking fuses first, then bulbs, then wiring before suspecting the contacts.

Jeff '67 Sqbk