[T3] 65 Headlights

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Aug 22 21:02:56 PDT 2011

In a message dated 8/22/2011 11:14:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

Ahh, I  have 2 SB12 rings with the adjusters in them, but 2 sealed beam
bulbs, one  was in a standard sealed beam bucket and the other looked like
it
was  hanging by the outer SB12 on its adjusters, perhaps cluged  together.

The replacement fenders suggest as you did, both are post 65  as they didn't
have the side markers in them.  Ill probably use the  sealed beam units, and
the OEM SB12's with dummy screw heads in the  adjusters so they look stock,
gotta keep the stock look... Gotta Rep I need  to establish again!

Actually, true SB 12's have that engraved on the top outside of the ring.
My 71 Notch has a pair of them on it. The others, I don't know what they are
 called, other than euro lights. You could add the tabs to your buckets
(like the  USA dealers did), and just install the correct sealed beam parts
(like late  models use), as that was an option before 66 in Canada, and USA
tourist  delivery. You'll need a set of standard style rings though. It'll also
look  "stock", and should work like stock. ;^)

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)