[T3] progress?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Aug 28 17:50:11 PDT 2011

On 28 Aug 2011 at 16:16, matthew Stanfield wrote:

> I finally got around to checking the pressure sensor. It is holding a
> vacuum. I got a 5/16" hose and attached it from the pressure sensor to
> the intake air distributor. Tried to start the car. Seemed closer than
> ever, but still would not start. It sounds like it is firing, just not
> enough to keep it running.

If it didn't have that hose before, that would explain why it
wouldn't start. It may have way too much gas in there if the hose has
been missing. Letting it sit for a day may help.

> I also discovered today that my fuel pump is leaking. It is leaking
> somewhere in the section that the plug is in, but i cannot tell
> exactly where. I checked all the hose connections and they are dry.
> The only portion that i could tell is wet is near the plug itself and
> down from there. Looks like i will need to take it off again and see
> if i can find the leak.

If it's actually leaking around the electrical connector or around
the motor body seam, then I can fix it with a complete rebuild, which
costs $125 plus shipping. If it's leaking around the metal cap on the
side, that would only require the partial rebuild to fix, which is
$75 plus shipping.

Neither of these jobs is a DIY proposition.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org