[T3] Wire Shrink Wraps

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 16:08:19 PDT 2011

Thanks to all who've advised about where to find shrink wrap tubes for wire repair.  Yes, on-line info is ample.   Local Radio Shack only had packets of "Assorted", with many useless for my needs...and surprisingly expensive.  The mark-up is probably worse than for pizza.

Shrink wraps work about a million times better than electric tape when repairing wires (solder being another preference)....especially in oily, hot, vibrating conditions...like in engine compartments.
I've (carefully) used cig lighters, matches, candles and a heat gun to shrink them (it doesn't take much)...obvious catastrophic risks of the first three techniques kept in mind.