[T3] progress?

matthew Stanfield vw70t3 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 28 13:16:15 PDT 2011

I finally got around to checking the pressure sensor. It is holding a vacuum. I got a 5/16" hose and attached it from the pressure sensor to the intake air distributor. Tried to start the car. Seemed closer than ever, but still would not start. It sounds like it is firing, just not enough to keep it running.

I also discovered today that my fuel pump is leaking. It is leaking somewhere in the section that the plug is in, but i cannot tell exactly where. I checked all the hose connections and they are dry. The only portion that i could tell is wet is near the plug itself and down from there. Looks like i will need to take it off again and see if i can find the leak.

matthew Stanfield
1970 VWfastBack
mansfield, OHio
home.earthlink.net/~vw70t3/