[T3] Master Cylinder for '69 Square

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Dec 6 14:21:19 PST 2011

On 6 Dec 2011 at 13:16, Joe Plowick III wrote:

> My current master cylinder is rusted tight, so a new one is required.

You might want to let me have a shot at it. I can usually rebuild
them.

The original OE '68-9 MCs had an unusual over/under double barreled
shotgun look, with 3 switches screwed into the side. Those were a bad
design, so if that's what you have, you might as well replace it with
a later one, but most of the originals have long since been replaced.
If yours has already been replaced, it might be rebuildable.

I only charge $45 plus return shipping to rebuild them, so this is
usually the very best option. If yours turns out to not be
rebuildable, there's no charge. You'd only be out the shipping to me.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org