[T3] type 4 2000cc oil pressure and overheating problem

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Dec 10 14:54:11 PST 2011

The later buses had air intakes that bulged a bit like ears.  Certainly the
upright engines were well known for failing at relatively low mileage, but
they are geared down, so do more revs per mile cruising.  We notched a valve
in Germany - maybe shouldn't have used the lowest grade fuel!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club