[T3] Generator and Fuel Line Questions

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 07:59:34 PST 2011

You just put a wrench on the flats of the domed spacer, and hold that while
you tighten the nut.  It's 27mm across flats (about 1 1/16")

You can make things a bit easier if you loosen the strap and slide the
dynamo away to give more clearance, then put back where it should be.

You MUST refit the dynamo so the airflow from the fan housing still gets
into the dynamo.  There's a spot on the dynamo casing that must line up with
the mark on the strap.

If you make a wrench yourself, give it a crank to make it a bit easier.

Some people adjust the shims with the dynamo off the car and ease it back
onto the stand, then bolt the strap back over.  It's a bit brutal, but
works.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club