[T3] Oil Pressure Sensors....etc.

Russ W russw at classicvw.org
Wed Feb 2 07:33:52 PST 2011

On 2/2/2011 9:24 AM, Russ W wrote:

BTW, my VW Fox was given to me, because the PO had been told that it
would need  an engine tear down to fix the very bad oil leak it had, so
he traded it off on another car.
The car lot where he traded it, called me and asked if I would be
interested in the car for a parts car.
They gave me the car, just to get it off their lot.
I added 2 quarts of oil, and headed the 7 miles for home.  When I got
home, I checked the oil, and it was 2 quarts low again.
The oil was streaming from the back of the head. I started investigating
the leak, and found it was the oil sender leaking BAD.  Less that $5
fixed the problem, and I have since then put 30K miles on the car.

--
Thanks,
Russ Wolfe
russw at classicvw.org