[T3] Oil Pressure Sensors....etc.

Russ W russw at classicvw.org
Wed Feb 2 07:24:05 PST 2011

On 2/1/2011 10:30 PM, J. Jonik wrote:
> I'm talking about the Oil Pressure Sensor that goes on top of the Oil Cooler...the gizmo that sends message to the red light on the dash.   That is called the "Oil Pressure Sensor", right?   Haven't found it in the books yet. I know it's there.
>   But discussion of leaks didn't show up in VW Manuals for cars 40 years ago.
>
> All sensors I have seem to be appropriate, vis a vis the threads.
>
> The ones that leak don't leak at the base but at a) the electrical tab on top, or b) around the circular plastic top, where it meets the metal.  You can see it sort of seeping out.
>
> Where to get new pressure sensors...at the price mentioned?  I'll take three.

The reason I mentioned the thread differences, is that many people do
not know about it.
Also, on the threaded side, there will be some numbers stamped.  This
tells the pressure rating.
As for the prices,  I was off by $.95.  $4.95 at the one place I checked.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC-021-919-081-B

--
Thanks,
Russ Wolfe